Some severe headaches may indicate that a serious brain problem exists.
Brain Hemorrhage Symptoms
- sudden, severe headache
- paralysis on one side of the body
- nausea, vomiting, fever and delirium
- often, seizures or loss of consciousness
When these symptoms are present, call or go to an emergency facility immediately.
Brain Tumor Symptoms
- headache on waking that gets worse when you lie down
- nausea and vomiting
- double vision, dizziness and loss of memory
- personality changes
- head pain comes on gradually but persists and grows worse over time — often months
If these symptoms occur, call a doctor for an immediate appointment.